Through my Fastershire links, I get to work with many businesses in the hospitality and tourism industry. So when event organiser, Steve Gardner-Collins invited me to come along to the Three Counties and Cotswolds Tourism Forum with a press pass to cover the event, I thought it would be a great opportunity to get to learn more about this sector.
Sponsors for this episode:
- 34SP.com – A Fast, Secure and Managed WordPress host based in the UK. Visit 34sp.com and use the code WPINVENTIVE at checkout to get your first three months of hosting completely free.
- BombBomb.com – A simple way to create and send personal video by email. Visit vid.us/somethinginventive to get 10 video examples from real users.
Interviews & notes
- James Hallum Insurance Brokers
- Specialists in insurance for hospitality
- Bushel + Peck Cider
- Tasty cider. Sorry Dad, this stuffs a little sweeter than yours
- The Patisserie box
- OMG, very tasty puds!
- Harts Barn Cookery
- Working with young people in all areas of hospitality
- Importance of addressing accessibility, it helps everyone.
Jackie Pennington & Adam Jones
- Berkeley Castle (Jackie)
- Aerospace Bristol (Adam)
- Importance of partnerships in business
- Great examples of how pubs, attractions and coach companies can work together to benefit everyone while providing a simpler (and arguably better) outcome
- HomeAway Vacation Rentals
- Getting local with big business
- Chief executive of Cheltenham Trust
- How leaders can encourage co-operation and partnership internal as well as links with other businesses.
- Cotswold Taste
- The importance of local
- Again, how and why partnerships are important
- The Boutique Distillery
- Tasty Gin!
- Truckle Cheese company
- I didn’t get to try the cheese but it look tasty!
- “If we want change we have to change what we are doing”
- “Stop talking, start doing something. And do it together”
- Visit England
- ‘Micro Gapping’ – Taking a gap year win just a few days, cheap, quicker. e.g. Silent disco beach clean
- GenY and giving back
- Cotswolds Tourism
- Supporting and helping members with campaigns such as dog friendly places to go in The Cotswolds.
- A digital notice board for locals, business and everyone. Interesting idea
- Sales Director Hatton Collection & Event organiser to TCCTF2020
- And man of many hats, this guys does a lot of other charity work too
- Thanks for inviting me!