Most people turn to a web designer when they need a new website because they know that making a good first impression is vital. But people use the content to decide whether or not to buy, so it’s vital that it’s as professional as the design.
If you’re thinking about writing your website content yourself, here are five reasons why you should consider hiring a web copywriter instead.
- A web copywriter will save you time. If you’re busy or you simply don’t like writing, you’ll never find the time to write and your website will never be finished. Brief a web copywriter and they’ll do the hard work for you.
- A web copywriter will save you money. If you’re writing content, you’re not doing business and you’re not making money. Give the job to a copywriter. Then they can do their job – and you can do yours.
- A web copywriter will have a fresh perspective. You know your business inside out. Is there a risk you’ll use jargon or structure the website in a way that only an insider will understand? The chances are your customers aren’t experts in your business. A web copywriter will make sure that your business is understandable to everyone, not just those in-the-know.
- A web copywriter is an expert in writing for the web. Writing for the web is different to writing for print. A web copywriter knows how to make copy work on screen. (See Top Tips for Web Copywriting for a few hints).
- A web copywriter understands search engine optimisation. Your content might be fantastic. But unless it’s been optimised, there’s a risk no one will ever see it. A web copywriter understands how search engines work and how to maximise the chances of your website being found. (See Choosing Keywords for SEO for an introduction to this area.)
So there you go, five reasons to use a web copywriter. I hope they’ve convinced you to consider one for your website project.