Two great presentations at last weeks Cheltenham WordPress Meetup. Here are some of the notes I took away.
Building interactive maps in leaflet.js
- Lucy Sloss (@lucysloss) from Studio Mothership
- Has a WordPress plugin (of course)
- Can choose your own tile set such as Google, Map box (also higher customisable), Open Street maps or custom image tiles
- Create own markers and pop ups content
- Works with GEOJSON map format for importing multiple locations
- Paul Lacey (@wp_paullacey) from Dickie birds
- Content personalisation – website content that changes based on the unique things it knows about the user
- Personalising experiences – Just like walking into a coffee shop when they know your name and how you like your coffee.
- Can be creepy. So respect a website users personal space
- Mutually beneficial conversion – Use personalisation where it will help you user find information or do something more quickly
- Personalisation plug-ins – logichop.com (cheapest) and if-so.com
- Logichop has Gutenberg integration
Also discussed in the pub after the meetup was wordsesh.com a virtual conference all about WordPress via @Just2Ronald